Dear ZedTears, I Am NwB
Having read my posts ‘I AM’ and ‘POTENTIAL’ which featured Tambu Geeray in my ‘Hello Quotes’ category, NwB was kind to feature in my ‘Dear ZedTears’ category. Dear ZedTears is centered around being our own super hero; a reflection of ourselves looking in the mirror, learning from our mistakes, our struggles and overcoming limiting beliefs. This is the first in this category and hopefully many will follow.
NwB is an up-and-coming music producer in the UK. He shares an insight into his musical influences and his journey to music production. His beats in all the years have featured the likes of Youngs Teflon, IYKZ, TopLinerz, Moelogo, Young Marv, DLORD, Fix Dot’M, DQ, Jaja Soze, Toni Tetuila, Fem Fel, Young Mad B, Simon Pann, G-Styl, PDK, Ghetts, Buck, Infa-Red, Diamond, A.D.E, Smiler, Rugged Man, Jesz Unsigned, Karma, MP (419 Squad).
NwB in his words:
Well, as a child I always wanted to be superman, but when growing up I somehow tumbled into music and I haven’t looked back since. I haven’t any regrets about reneging on my superman ambitions, for it is unbecoming for a sexy young man of my stature to don those tight blue, red & yellow suits.
Fortunately for me; and thanks to my family we had different genres of music thumping through our speakers, to my rocker neighbour’s disgust, of course. For better or worse, I had the opportunity to subject my eardrums to the rebellion fervor of Fela Kuti and Madonna, the drum ridden sounds of Sunny Ade, the cheerful ditties of Cyndi Lauper and the heart-warming Motown collection.
Music is still very much a hobby I enjoy immensely, all else is merely incidental. After a few false starts here and there I finally buckled down and focused on production, and it’s paying dividends.
As a producer nothing beats the feeling of pure magic when hi-hats, bass, snares and drums unite in a harmonious marriage. Some of the words used to describe my style of production are, “epic”, “harmonious” “emotional”. I have worked with several artists, some of whom you may already know, some you will eventually get to know and admittedly those you will never get to know.
Some people are born stars, some have stardom thrust upon them and some work their polyester socks off to become stars. WHO BE YOU?
I’m not pompous enough yet, to refer to myself in third person. Give me some time. *wink wink*
Below is a simple breakdown of my musical influences;
1. Air – Drums: The beating of the drums resonates through the air, which gives it the sound you hear.
2. Water – Dancing: The body and the earth are made up of mostly water (approx. 70%) Just as wind makes water move, so also does music make the body to dance.
3. Fire – Rappin’, singin’ or poetry: We as Humans have a burning in our lungs, which is made from the combustion of Oxygen. This releases CO2. Anything that is hot has fire in it. So when a person sings or rap, he/ she exhales heated air i.e literally they breathe fire!
4. Earth – Grafitti glyphs: In ancient Egypt, we wrote & painted on the walls of the temples, just like we do today on the streets. It is written in stone, people!
5. Ether – Knowledge: We as a people have forgotten who we are. This, knowledge, is the essential element (5th) needed to unite the above four. Without knowledge, they are meaningless.
You can find NwB on:
Say yo story!
Design, Creative direction, post By Philip Abang Insight credit: NwB _TheBeatPoet